Ad Space

To Those That I've Hurt

To those family members and others that were close to my dad and have visited my blog, I am truly sorry for any hurt these painful memories have caused you. Please understand that it has and never will be my intention to bring hurt or shame upon anyone. The purpose of this blog is to reach out to others that have been hurt in order to help them find the hope and healing they so desperately need. Because I know how lost I was before I was able to start my healing process.

So many of you had a great relationship with my dad. You saw a wonderful side to him. And you loved and respected him. I know, because I saw that side to him as well. But for me and my family, we saw a very different side. One that was manipulating, hateful, twisted, and evil. As much as I wish I could say that side of him never existed, I just can't. But for those of you that saw the good side of him, cherish those memories. Hold on to them. That is who he was to you. When I called the cops on him that day, I never expected anyone to stop loving him or turn their back on him. I only wanted the abuse to stop. And I know that the pain you have felt over all of this has been difficult. You have had your own healing process to go through. And for those of you who supported me in spite of your own pain and grief, words cannot express how much I thank you. If I never said it to you before I am saying it now. You have been a blessing in my life. 

As far as my comments about the family members that slandered and lied about me (in my first post), I am sorry if that hurt as well. First of all, the ones that treated me this way very likely have never read my blog as I have painfully had to let them go; for my own peace and spiritual growth. The hurt they were causing was tearing me apart. But I love them and forgive them. And when they are ready to heal and move on I will be here.  And if they are reading this, then I hope it will only help them to find their healing in all of this as well. Because I know that they, too, deal with their own pain and confusion from all of this. But if you are a member of my family and were concerned that I might have referred to you in any way when I made this comment, then rest assured that that is simply not the case. Because if I were referring to you, you would know. I have already confronted those that were involved in an attempt to make them see how much they were hurting me. I hoped that if I brought it to light we could grow and heal. But they still chose to close their minds and their hearts to me. And although I was devastated, I had to let go and move ahead in my life where I could heal. I love you all so much. Even those of you that I have turned away from. Please understand. God Bless every one of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment