Ad Space

Check out this website, guys, and tell me what you think. http://www.reformsexoffenderlaws.org/materials/10myths.php

This was my comment to them:

"As a victim of a repeat offender, your statistics and studies mean nothing to me. It is well known that sex crimes are highly under reported as it is. And an offender that has been caught once then becomes more careful and uses different techniques to silence their victims. My abuser was arrested 15 years before I came forward. And he had been abusing that whole time. He just never got caught because he had his victims under his complete control. And it took years after his death for one of his victims to finally speak about what happened to her. So your little 3 yr study just doesn't cut it. Sorry to disappoint you. And yes, there are many more stories like mine. And while I sincerely hope that these offenders do somehow overcome this evil, it is simply unacceptable that they are being let back into society to risk hurting someone else. Our children have the right to be safe and protected. As far as the offender, they have the right to fair treatment in a correctional facility for the rest of their life. I am in full support of life sentences for sex offenders. And while you guys do your little "studies", more children are being hurt."

As far as their bogus "mythbusters"..I think I speak for all those that have survived sex abuse when I say we don't need to be told something is a "myth" when we've lived it. Someone that can sit back on the outside and do "studies" and come up with completely inaccurate numbers doesn't know a thing. How on earth do these geniuses think they can come up with accurate data on something that is proven to be extremely under reported?

Ok, that's my rant for today. I would love to hear what you guys think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment